Jobs at Assembly: Finance Directorby Michael Cleland
Reporting directly to the Board, you will be instrumental in supporting the wider team with business strategy and providing guidance on the best path of growth for the business. You will be responsible for development of a financial platform that will allow us to meet our ambitions of continuing to rapidly scale the business.
You must be an experienced finance business partner, with broad skills spanning financial control and reporting, commercial finance and FP&A. You will be commercially aware, able to analyse performance to drive insight and implement the most profitable recommendations. Working across all functions and levels in the business, including leading a small finance function, you will have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Lead a finance team of three, ensuring all responsibilities across the team are delivered to a high standard, and team members are supported and guided in their development
- Contribute to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions, providing financial analysis and guidance on all initiatives and projects
- Lead the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes - working with the business teams to define ambitious goals and KPIs which will lead to delivery of business strategy
- Lead an effective performance management process, with reporting against targets which is insightful and drives better business outcomes
- Own the company’s cashflow management, including timely and accurate forecasting
- Maintain a high-quality control environment, ensuring systems and processes are robust, compliant, allow for future growth, and ensure all statutory and tax requirements are met
- Support the Chair in managing investor relations and reporting
- Ensure the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met, including B-Corp and Carbon Neutral accreditation
- Management of the HR Administrator and ultimate responsibility for delivery of HR processes
- Principal contact with a number of external bodies, in particular, financial institutions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA or equivalent)
- 5 – 10 years post-qualification experience, with a good balance of financial control, commercial finance and FP&A experience
- Experience in an eCom business or DC2 business
- Finance leadership experience, preferably in a high-growth environment (SME or corporate)
- An existing knowledge (or management) of HR processes is beneficial.
Skills and person specification
- Proven ability to build relationships, communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels, including the board
- High level of commercial acumen, with ability to use commercial knowledge to create value
- Ability to understand and analyse data to create insightful analysis and create value
- Ability to make decisions and identify solutions in a fast-paced environment, work autonomously and be proactive in approach
- Excellent organisational skills with an eye for detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects
- A strong sense of accountability for own and teams’ performance outcomes
- Advanced Excel and experience using Power BI
- Experience of working with Xero or equivalent accounting package
- A good sense of humour, and great sense of team spirit.
What we offer?
- Experience across a broad range of marketing activities and direct collaboration with colleagues both in marketing and the broader business
- Being part of a dynamic brand which is growing rapidly and at the forefront of its industry, with opportunities for professional growth
- Flexibility and autonomy to develop skills and lead execution in areas related to your specific interests and strengths
- Attendance at industry events, openings and working across fun and innovative brand partnerships
- Coffee training
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Two Mental Health Days per year, in addition to annual leave
- Quarterly Wellness programme
- Company pension
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch.