- Producer — Nestor Lasso at El Diviso
- Region — Pitalito, Huila, southwestern Colombia
- Variety — Bourbon Aji
- Terroir — 1750 masl, temperate tropical climate
- Process — Washed
Melon + Guava + Creamy
- Best: Pour over with the Orea Brewer V3
- Great: Filter (batch brew, Chemex)
- Very good: Espresso
We recommend resting our coffees for at least 7 days after roast date before brewing.
Nestor Lasso Bourbon Aji
In 2018, alongside his older brother Adrian and just 17 years-old, Nestor Lasso took over the day-to-day running of the family farm. The two siblings then partnered with another young, local producer – Jhoan Vergara – to bring together two family farms and create El Diviso.
Determined to focus on specialty coffee, experimenting with pioneering post-harvest methods in the process, the trio partnered with Colombian coffee exporters, Cata Export, to accelerate their research and share their coffees with new markets across the globe.
The partnership has paid off, coffees produced at El Diviso have been used in multiple coffee competitions over the past couple of years, winning first place at the Ireland Brewers’ Cup and third place at the Austrian iteration of the same event.
In the cup you'll get rich fruit flavours, with a deliciously creamy texture. The acidity is prominent but not overpowering - a perfectly balanced, memorable coffee.
- Coffee cherries placed in open tanks for 48 hours to oxidise
- Cherries floated in water to remove unripe and defected cherries
- 24-32-hour fermentation in an anaerobic environment (sealed plastic bags) at 16-17 degrees Celsius
- Cherries pulped and left to oxidate for six hours
- 28-32-hour fermentation in an anaerobic environment (sealed tanks)
- Beans rinsed with hot water to remove mucilage, then immediately with cold water to stop fermentation process (thermal shock)
- Dried under canopy for 16-25 days.
Royal Mail 48hrs Tracked - £3.05
DHL Next Working Day Delivery - £6.00
Click & Collect - Free
Packfleet Next Working Day (London Only) - £4.20
£20+ Orders Royal Mail 48hrs - Free
Europe & USA (under 2 kg) - £10
Rest of World - £20
(Please allow extra time for international shipping due to issues with the courier.)
Click here for more information about shipping and delivery.