- Origin — Colombia
- Producer — Diego Bermudez at Finca El Paraiso
- Region — Municipality of Piendamo, department of Cauca
- Variety — Pink bourbon
- Terroir — 1920 masl, cool tropical climate
- Process — Washed (two-stage fermentation + thermal shock)
Forest fruits + Cacao + Creamy
Diego Bermudez and Finca El Paraiso
Diego Bermudez’s Finca El Paraiso has become synonymous with pioneering post-harvest coffee fermentation techniques. Research on the farm is conducted with advanced fermentation equipment, a microbiology laboratory and a sensory analysis laboratory.
This extensive infrastructure, complemented by Diego’s inherent aptitude and a team of researchers, has facilitated rapid progress in methods that have driven a consistent stream of remarkably exceptional coffees.
Paraiso is now a yardstick for quality and Diego has built a justified reputation as Colombia’s most important coffee producer.
Our latest Limited Edition is a pink bourbon lot that has been given the full Paraiso treatment. The result is a flavour profile full of tropical fruits, intense floral aromas and a texture that could trick you into thinking you were enjoying a dairy-based dessert, not a cup of coffee.
The 7-step post-harvest process
- Colour selection of the cherries (95% ripe, 5% underripe)
- Cherries washed with water previously cleaned with ultraviolet light to remove unwanted bacteria
- Fermentation in an anaerobic environment (bioreactor) for 48 hours at a controlled temperature of 18°C
- Cherries are pulped of their mucilage
- Beans undergo a second fermentation in the same environment for 48 hours at a controlled temperature of 21°C
- The beans are washed with hot water at 40°C to eliminate unwanted organisms and expand molecular structure. They are then washed with cold water at 12°C (thermal shock) to stop the fermentation process, seal the pores of the beans, and capture as much aroma as possible
- Controlled mechanical drying for 34 hours, with air recirculation at a temperature of 35°C and a relative humidity of 25%, until the beans reach a moisture content of 10-11%.
We recommend brewing this coffee with a pour over coffee brewer. Use filtered water at 97 degrees Celsius, and the Assembly pour over method.
While this coffee will taste exceptional when brewed as soon as possible after roasting, you will find that you unlock its full flavour potential once it's been rested for 7-14 days.
Royal Mail 48hrs Tracked - £3.05
DHL Next Working Day Delivery - £6.00
Click & Collect - Free
Packfleet Next Working Day (London Only) - £4.20
£20+ Orders Royal Mail 48hrs - Free
Europe & USA (under 2 kg) - £10
Rest of World - £20
(Please allow extra time for international shipping due to issues with the courier.)
Click here for more information about shipping and delivery.