The Assembly Rugali Rosaby Ben Sibley
The blue skies of spring are here. It's time to enjoy the brighter days and lighter nights and kick back with a refreshing beverage in hand. Here's the Assembly Rugali Rosa - this season's flash brew coffee tonic cocktail.
- 30ml flash brew Assembly Rwanda - Rugali ( Anoxic Washed )
- 40ml Cocchi Rosa
- 15ml Lindores Abbey Aqua Vitae
- 15ml simple syrup
- 100ml Fever Tree Italian Blood Orange Soda
For the flash brew
For brewing the coffee component of the Rugali Rosa, we recommend the pour over method. This recipe will give you 200ml flash brew coffee. You will need:
- 20g ground coffee
- A kettle
- A brewer and filter paper
- A vessel
- 100ml filtered (or bottled) water
- 100g ice cubes
- Measure out 20g Assembly Rwanda - Rugali ( Anoxic Washed ) medium-ground coffee and pour into the brewer.
- Place the ice in your vessel, sit your brewer on top and pour 92-96 degrees Celcius water onto the ground coffee, 25ml at a time. Four pours in total.
- The brewed coffee will cool instantly as it hits the ice. Once all the coffee is collected, give the vessel a good swirl and set aside.
For the simple syrup
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, dissolve 100g sugar in 100ml water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar has totally dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and leave to cool completely. Then pour into a glass bottle or jar. Refrigerate until needed.
How to serve
Grab a highball glass and pour in the Cocchi Rosa, flash brew coffee, Lindores Abbey Aqua Vitae and simple syrup. Half fill the glass with ice and give it a gentle stir to combine. Top up with the Fever Tree Blood Orange Soda, garnish with a wedge of blood orange and serve.